The Witness Project of Connecticut (WP) is a culturally sensitive community-based breast and cervical cancer education program for African American women. The goal of The WP is to continue to make a difference in the number of women diagnosed with breast cancer.
We are Mothers, Sisters, Daughters, Aunts, and Grandmothers working together to make sure all women know, "You DO NOT have to die from breast cancer".
Early detection is the KEY to survival.
What We Offer:
- Breast Health Education Programs
- Breast Self-Exam Techniques
- Hands On Training Using Demonstration Breast Models
- Referrals to Free or Low-Cost Screening Mammograms, Clinical Breast Exams, and Pap Test
- Emotional Support
- Links to Mobile Screening Providers
- Advocacy and Patient Navigation